Ubuntu Server 8.04.1 (i386)
Click here for Ubuntu 8.04 (i386)
|Add to your custom collection:|
|Price: US $1.49|
Click here for Ubuntu 8.04 (AMD64)
- The Ubuntu Server Edition - built on the solid foundation of Debian which is known for its robust server installations — has a strong heritage for reliable performance and predictable evolution.
- Mail Server - Postfix and Dovecot
- File and Print Server - Samba 3, CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)
- Web Application Server - Supports PHP, Perl, Java, Ruby or Python, together with Apache and MySQL, Postgresql, DB2 or Oracle.
- Security - based on Debian distribution, no open ports, No X server, hardening, etc.
- Authentication integration, Automated Deployment, Ubuntu Server JeOS (virtual Appliances), Network Infrastructure, optimised for virtualization, etc.
- Here is a list of the server-specific kernel optimisations that we include:
- The Server Edition uses the Deadline I/O scheduler instead of the CFQ scheduler used by the Desktop Edition.
- Pre-emption is turned off in the Server Edition.
- The timer interrupt is 100 Hz in the Server Edition and 250 Hz in the Desktop Edition.
- The Server Edition is optimised for i686 processors while the Desktop Edition is optimised for both the i586 and i686.
- Virtualization is better supported in the Server Edition through the enabling of IPC namespaces.
- Multiple routing tables for the IPv6 protocol are also supported in the Server Edition.
- For 32-bit systems the Server Edition is configured to use PAE which allows addressing up to 64GB of memory while the Desktop Edition is configured for 4GB.
- When running a 64-bit version of Ubuntu on 64-bit processors you are not limited by memory addressing space.
To find more information on this distribution please visit
For the source go to:
To view all product options click here