Ubuntu 8.10 Server (AMD64)
|Add to your custom collection:|
|Price: US $3.89|
Click Here for Ubuntu 8.10 (i386)
Click Here for Ubuntu 8.10 (AMD64)
Click Here for Ubuntu 8.10 alternate (i386)
Click Here for Ubuntu 8.10 alternate (AMD64)
Click Here for Ubuntu 8.10 Server (i386)
- The Ubuntu Server Edition - built on the solid foundation of Debian which is known for its robust server installations — has a strong heritage for reliable performance and predictable evolution.
- Mail Server - Postfix and Dovecot
- File and Print Server - Samba 3, CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)
- Web Application Server - Supports PHP, Perl, Java, Ruby or Python, together with Apache and MySQL, Postgresql, DB2 or Oracle.
- Security - based on Debian distribution, no open ports, No X server, hardening, etc.
- Authentication integration, Automated Deployment, Ubuntu Server JeOS (virtual Appliances), Network Infrastructure, optimised for virtualization, etc.
- Here is a list of the server-specific kernel optimisations that we include:
- The Server Edition uses the Deadline I/O scheduler instead of the CFQ scheduler used by the Desktop Edition.
- Pre-emption is turned off in the Server Edition.
- The timer interrupt is 100 Hz in the Server Edition and 250 Hz in the Desktop Edition.
- The Server Edition is optimised for i686 processors while the Desktop Edition is optimised for both the i586 and i686.
- Virtualization is better supported in the Server Edition through the enabling of IPC namespaces.
- Multiple routing tables for the IPv6 protocol are also supported in the Server Edition.
- For 32-bit systems the Server Edition is configured to use PAE which allows addressing up to 64GB of memory while the Desktop Edition is configured for 4GB.
- When running a 64-bit version of Ubuntu on 64-bit processors you are not limited by memory addressing space.
To find more information on this distribution please visit
For the source go to:
To view all product options click here