openSUSE Linux 11.3 DVD (i586)
|Add to your custom collection:|
|Price: US $3.79|
Click Here for openSUSE Linux 11.3 DVD (x86-64)
Click Here for openSuse Linux 11.3 GNOME Live (i686)
Click Here for openSuse Linux 11.3 GNOME Live (x86-64)
Click Here for openSuse Linux 11.3 KDE Live (i686)
Click Here for openSuse Linux 11.3 KDE Live (x86-64)
SLAX is fast and beautiful Linux operating system which fits on small (3.14") CD-ROM disc.
It runs directly from the CD (or USB) without installing. The Live CD described here is based on
the Slackware Linux distribution and uses Unification File System (also known as unionfs),
allowing read-only filesystem to behave as a writable one, saving all changes to memory.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
SLAX is not pretentious, nevertheless it requires some minimal hardware to run properly. It depends
on what do you wish to use SLAX for, of course. The most important thing is memory. You need at least
32 MB of RAM to boot slax.
New SLAX 5 is the most inovative and promissing SLAX ever. It switched to 2.6 kernel line.
Zisofs compression was replaced by SquashFS, which provides better compression ratio and higher
read speed. Ovlfs (which was the most amazing and exciting feature specific only for SLAX) was
replaced by unionFS. And finally, slax-installer GUI was created.
- Linux kernel 2.6 offering excellent hardware support
- the newest ALSA sound drivers
- ndiswrapper for loading Windows drivers for WIFI cards
- madwifi drivers for native support for WIFI cards (Multiband Atheros)
- X11 (xorg) Xwindow system, supporting many gfx cards and wheel mice automatically
- KDE 3.4, an excellent desktop software
- webconfig feature allowing you to save your session data to slax' web
To find more information on this distribution please visit
For the source go to:
To view all product options click here