Knoppix 5.1.1 (i486)
KNOPPIX is a bootable Live system on CD or DVD, consisting of a representative collection of
GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards,
SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a productive Linux system for the
desktop, educational CD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software
product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression,
the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software installed on it.
|Add to your custom collection:|
|Price: US $1.49|
- Update to Debian etch/testing as base distribution
- Linux Kernel 2.6.19(.1) + fuse 2.6.1
- cloop 2.05 Realtime Decompression with extended block-buffering for reduction of CD/DVD access latency
- Replacing unionfs by aufs for better stability & performance
- KDE 3.5.5
- OpenOffice 2.1
- ntfs-3g (12.12.2006) for full transparent NTFS write support, also tested with boot options knoppix tohd= and knoppix fromhd=.
- ntfsprogs-Update (ntfsresize, ntfsmount, ntfsfix)
- integration of 3D desktop beryl+emerald as add-on for KDE (manual start with gnome is also possible), via boot option knoppix desktop=beryl.
- Experimental script for creating a bootable flash-pendrive from a running KNOPPIX live session (mkbootdev by Martin Íhler)
To find more information on this distribution please visit
For the source go to:
To view all product options click here